Pages

Sunday 18 September 2011

Week Sixteen and Seventeen

Hi

These past few weeks have been mad because I went back to school. At my school we start our GCSE subjects 1 year earlier than others schools. So this means that this year we start our GCSE subjects. I chose English, Maths, Computer Studies, Geography, Triple Science, Drama, Business Studies and French. We have started all of our subjects now and I love Drama and Business Studies.

The sheep are looking great at the moement. Mr tup is looking good and the ewes are all tupped. (I HOPE!!!) Today I changed the Keil on the tups breast so we can see if he is still working. You change the Keil colour every 17 days. Red is new colour!
Here are a few tips about choosing your tup for tupping:
  1. Find a tup you like the look of. (Pick a few!)
  2. Make sure that the tup has a even pair of testicals!!
  3. Make sure they have a good backend. (Make sure there is a plenty of meat!)
  4. Check the tups teeth.
  5. Make sure the tup walks well on its feet.
  6. Make sure it has a good level back.
  7. Set yourself a limit on how much you are going to spend on each ram. (If you are at a sale make sure you don't bid over your limit!)
Here are some Pictures of the tup:





Here are some Pictures of my ewes:




























Thank you for reading
Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment