Pages

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Day One

Hi All

What a great first day at the first ever Royal Three Counties Show.

Today we were faced with a few heavy rain showers but the majority of the day was warm and dry. The show was packed full of fantastic beautiful creatures of all different sizes and breeds. Today I was being interviewed for a new DVD about sheep showing for The Smallholder Series and was also asking questions to our amazing commenter Clive Davies, who has been recently appointed the NFU regional chairman.

In the judging rings today I was shocked to see the vast number of sheep entered in each class. Also this year there has been a record number of pigs with just shy of 250. That is a lot of pigs!!! This is just a selection of Supreme Champions from today but you can find an up-to-date record on my twitter feed as I am tweeting the results live as they come into my desk:
Clun Forests Champiom No. 311 from I T Davies & Son
Beltex class Champion No. 15 Mr. P Tippetts
Devon Cattle Champion No. 404 Stonegrave Livestock
Oxford Downs Champion No. 482 Miss A Stokes

Tomorrow I will be tweeting more results as they come through.

Jack

@waltjack71 #askjack

No comments:

Post a Comment